Our chapter relies on its members to achieve its mission. We hold monthly Board meetings and other scheduled meetings during the year, all of which members are encouraged to attend. Most of our planning is accomplished through workgroups. Here are some areas where members are encouraged to volunteer:
- Community Education: participate in programs on topics of interest held throughout the year and invite others to attend. Volunteer to help with program planning.
- Voter Services: promote voter registration and provide information about voting at high school and college functions. During election years, help plan and participate in candidate forums where those seeking public office respond to questions pertinent to local municipal and school governance.
- Observer Corps: serve as a representative of the public at local government meetings. Observers are impartial, silent witnesses to the processes of local governments, making a visible statement that the community is paying attention.
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion: participate in local efforts to promote inclusion of all citizens in the work of the League.
- Communications: join a core group of members who help “get the word out” to members and the public through social media about LWV activities and concerns. Maintain local website, Facebook page and other communications links.
- Membership: help develop strategies for recruiting and mentoring new members. Maintain national and local electronic member databases.
- Finances: participate in local financial planning activities, including fundraising strategies.